Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

This is my favorite painting of Christ, by LDS artist Del Parson. When I was at Ricks College Parson came to the bookstore to sign prints. My mom was visiting me and told me she wanted to buy me one. I love so many of Parson's paintings, but finally decided that this was my favorite. When Del Parson signed this print for me, he looked at me and said, "this one's my favorite, too." Then he winked at me. I'll never forget it!
This picture is hanging in my kitchen and I love it because you can see the tenderness and love Christ has for this little lamb, and how helpless the little lamb is. Having a child of my own has helped me to understand even more the love that God has for each of us, and to see that we owe Him everything, down to our very lives. I'm so grateful for Him! Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his paintings too. So hard to pick just one, but if I had to, I think I'd pick that one too.

Rebecca said...

I love reading blogs during times like these, because it touches my heart to read all the testimonies.

Julie Graham said...

Chelsi, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this painting, as well as your thoughts on our Savior's love! I too have found and understood better His love as well as our Father's love for us through parenthood! Parenthood is so divine and such a teaching tool that allows the Spirit to speak to us as we speak to or have thoughts of our children. To sacrifice one's self in parenthood truely brings joy!

Watauga Relief Society said...

Beautiful! and even better with a wink :)