Friday, April 18, 2008

Ode to Dre

Before I was a massage therapist I worked as a nanny. My boss was great; a wonderful boss and friend. She decided to get a bunch of her friends together (there were 12 of us) and set up a team to train for a triathlon. We weren't going to race together, but support each other as we trained for the same race. We occasionally ran and biked together, but even training alone we kept in touch about our goals and helped each other to stay pumped about the race. To help us out, Andrea (my boss) bought each of us a road bike. I'm not kidding! The only money we had to put out was for any upgrades or accessories we wanted. As a result, I got a beautiful road bike for free (it's the one on top in the photo). I couldn't believe it!
Since getting my bike I have used it both to get in shape and also to explore my surroundings. I rode my bike for the first time today since before my pregnancy, and my first thought was, "boy am I out of shape!" The second was, "I love this bike!" Dre, if you're reading this thank you sooo much for your generosity; I'll never forget it!

2 comments:

ellen said...

Cool story! I'm hoping to start my "training" tomorrow for my upcoming 25 mile bike ride...

Rebecca said...

Gotta love friends like that! Wish I had a friend who would buy me a bike!