Friday, May 7, 2010

We carrot cake lovers of the world are few and far between. I think we should get minority rights, because that's what we are, really. What kind of reactions do I get from people when I suggest we have some carrot cake? Ugh, or nasty, come to mind, with a possible look of disgust from at least one person. I've resorted to eating carrot cake clif bars to in some way satiate my need now and then, and also to avoid any unpleasant adjectives from those around me.
It's sad, really. The only time I'll ever be able to enjoy a delicious piece of carrot cake will be if I do one of two things: make myself a cake (which I'd have to eat entirely by myself, so that's not an option), or go to a cafe that will serve me an individual slice. Is that fair?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love carrot cake, but I have a few restrictions: #1 - no raisins. #2 - I want just a regular cream cheese frosting on it. No citrus in the frosting, please. #3 - no weird fillings, please. No apricot, or whatever else.

Mmm...I could go for a piece right now.

Petertammenson said...

i love carrot cake! our fave recipe calls for either a cream cheese or caramel frosting - so delish - you know, cake freezes really well - make your deserving pregnant self a huge cake, slice it up, and wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in a gallon size ziplock bag in the freezer and pull a slice out when you need it. I did this in my last trimester with a chocolate cake I just had to eat and Luke wouldn't eat hardly any of it. What was I going to do? Throw such goodness away? Nope. I had a blissful month of snagging yumminess whenever I wanted it.

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

We live in such an unfair world! Oh the injustice! As my mom always said growing up, "Life's hard. Then you die." So I suggest you start going to those cafe's and picking up a slice To Go and keeping it in your fridge to enjoy whenever you please. :)

I LOVE carrot cake too!

Sasha Cornelius Eggli said...

Of course, Chelsi, life will be unfair to those who think vegetables and cake can co-exist on the same planet. You can't have your cake and eat it too!