Sunday, March 6, 2011

I have been eating these cookies like crazy lately. I've had this recipe for a while now, but have just perfected it with my secret ingredient. These cookies are healthy and so delicious!! Okay they are as healthy as you make them (I put in lots of chocolate so that takes them down a notch, but they're still better than normal chocolate chip cookies). They're made from whole wheat flour, oats, nuts (if you want them), and pumpkin (my secret ingredient), and the only sweetener is a bit o honey, and however many chocolate chips you want to put in them. I use dark chocolate because it makes me feel less guilt :)


Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 C flour (whole wheat)

1 1/2 C oats

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t baking powder

1/2 t salt

2 T cinnamon

1/2 t nutmeg

chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

1/2 C honey

1/2 C oil

1 T molasses

1 egg, beaten w/1 T water

1 t vanilla

1 C canned pumpkin (or more if desired)


Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet in another. Mix together and cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Spoon onto cookie sheet and press down the top of each cookie for even baking. Cook 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees.

2 comments:

Holly Hox said...

Hi! My husband Evan served with Eric in Argentina, and a few years ago he sent him a link to your blog. Now, every so often when I start typing an "R" into the search bar, your blog comes up. And sometimes I check it (I hope that's not too creepy). I'm so glad I clicked on it and saw these cookies. I have a serious cookie problem, and am always looking for healthy recipes (I have a killer zucchini/hemp seed cookie recipe that are pretty similar to these). I made some yesterday and they are DELICIOUS! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jodi and Jesse said...

These look ridiculous! I'm totally making them. We are looking for any type of healthy cookie. We love sweets in our house!