Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today Aspen and I made ghosts to decorate the living room, then hung them from the ceiling. "Mom, are these ghosts going to scare me?" she asked. "No, these ghosts aren't real," I said. "You don't need to be afraid of them." She looked at me. "That's right, because they're just made of tissue."
Yesterday we pulled out all our Fall/Halloween decorations, and I think she's inherited my excitement for that kind of thing because she's talked about it several times. I remember two years ago when we pulled out the Christmas decorations and she kept running around the room and chanting, "It's Christmastime! It's Christmastime!"
Lately her thing is to race us in everything. "I bet I can beat you up the stairs!" And then when she does, she turns around, gives a thumbs up and says, "Aha!" It's pretty cute.

1 comment:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

I love reading Aspen updates! She's so sweet. Our kids are all into competing/racing right now too! It's so funny to watch. :)