Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Well Aspen and Oakley are both asleep right now (hallelujah) and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself, since this isn't a usual thing. I've done the shower, gotten ready, planned Aspen's school-time for the day, done some little tasks on the side, and I'm not sure what to do next. So here I am, typing at the keyboard.
Oakley hasn't been sleeping very well the last couple days. I'm not sure what's bugging him, but I sure will be happy when that little boy can talk. Something always seems to be making him uncomfortable, and it will be nice when I can help him feel better! He's such a little trooper. He's been saying some words, mostly hot, which he says with his mouth making a perfect "o", like he's trying to blow air on his chin. It's so funny! I try to get him to say hot whenever I can because it's so hilarious the way he does it. I don't know why he says it that way...kids!! He also says mama (finally!), nana (for banana, the only fruit he'll eat! the little stinker...), down, and pop.
Aspen likes to talk in riddles. The other day I was teaching her about fruits and vegetables and I asked her who made them. "Well," she began, "he's white."
"He's white??" (I think she meant he wears white.)
"Yes. And he lives up in heaven with Heavenly Father." She does this a lot. I'll ask her who gave her skis for Christmas and she'll say, "He has a beard....and he wears a red suit."
Well I just heard the pitter-patter of little feet. Signing off!

1 comment:

Sasha Cornelius Eggli said...

That is so funny, Chels. I can totally see Aspen speaking in riddles. Smartypants...