Thursday, April 19, 2012

This and That

Here's a couple of photos of Aspen in her dance costume with her friend Ashlyn. They danced to the Mickey Mouse Club song; it was very cute. Apparently afterward Aspen tried stuffing a cookie up her nose.
This summer I'm putting Aspen in a swim class. She's really excited about it, "so she can swim in the deep part." I'm not putting her in preschool in the Fall but would like to enroll her in some other activity once a week; I haven't figured out what yet.
For some reason some of the best shots I have of Oakley are of him in his booster seat. Probably because he's sitting still! This guy is getting so handsome and is saying "day-doo" (thank you) all the time. Especially when he gives something back to me, which is just
so polite.
The pile of sand is yet still on our patio, much to the kids' enjoyment. I can't tell you how many times I've swept sand off the kitchen floor. It's a love/hate thing for me. I love that they have so much fun out there, but the sand is scratching our floor. Hopefully we'll have our projects done soon so the kids can play in the back without a sand pile temptation!
Right there in-between the kids is our sad Japanese maple, just begging to be planted. Soon Japanese maple, soon.
I'm getting very eager to transplant my little veggie plants I've been growing on my windowsill for the last month or two. They're getting pretty big and need more room for their roots. I've got about 3 more weeks before they can go outside, but am getting nervous that they'll get too big before then. This is the first time I've ever tried growing plants from seeds so I'm a little anxious about it. And excited.
Mostly I hope we get a load of tomatoes and snap peas. Those are the ones I'm most eager to chew on this Summer. Can't never get enough of those!! (That last sentence was for you Dad)

1 comment:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Your kids are SO DARLING Chelsi!! I wish we lived closer so our kids could all play together.