Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Today I've been thinking a lot about how much I love Aspen and Oakley.  We've been hanging around the house lately and it's given me a chance to spend lots of time with them.  Today we played with cars and blocks and shaving cream, and had a great time.
The truth is we've been spending a lot of time at home because I'm in my 14th week of pregnancy and I don't often feel like getting an early start in the morning (unless it's grocery day), or even leaving the house!
Another truth is that I don't favor being pregnant.  I'm one of those girls that finds out I'm pregnant and one second later my belly pops out.  The weight gain starts immediately no matter what I do, and I don't feel very pretty for the next 9 months.  I'm jealous of the high school girls who get shipped off during their pregnancy and magically reappear 10 months later without anyone seeing them in all their pregnant glory!! Okay I'm being a little facetious but not completely.  Can't I spend the next 6 months in Italy somewhere?  honey? :)
But today I was looking at my beautiful children and thinking, "yeah it sucks, but boy is it worth it!"  I know that seems obvious, but it's nice to really let that sink in now and then.  I couldn't ask for more amazing kids, and am excited to get to know this one that's coming.  I really am a blessed mother!

9 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

SO excited for you Chelsi! And Yay for being in the second trimester! I agree, that pregnancy is definitely not the easiest time in life, but oh so worth it! You guys make the cutest kids, and this one will have FOUR people to instantly love on him/her! Pretty special!
Hugs. xo

ellen said...

Lucky you!

WeAreTheRopers said...

Your miracle of a body is working miracles right now... I'm a little bit jealous! Congratulations!

Hannah said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm with you on the pregnancy thing. Except, I puke and lose weight (in a miserably bad way) for three months. I don't recomend that way either. Or the crying as I stick out despite the weight loss... But soon-ish you'll have another adorable baby! And we know it'll be adorable because Aspen and Oakley are!

Petertammenson said...

Chelsi!! Congratulations!! But yes, pregnancy is rough - and the 3rd really does a number on your bladder. But they are so worth it!

Nicole said...

What?!?!? Congrats!!! And I feel exactly the same way about pregnancy. Exactly. So good luck. And you're always welcome to come hide out with us in Mexico :)

Malea said...

Hurray! More cute Ritter babies!!

So excited for your guys!

Jodi and Jesse said...

Yea! So happy for you guys!

Marlies said...

Wow Chelsi this post so resonates with me! I don't know how Eric is, but in addition to feeling yucky and unattractive my husband cannot hide his disinterest with my pregnant body. I hope that doesn't make him sound like a jerk, but really pregnancy is not so flattering on everyone (rarely on anyone really). It really is hard, but so true that it gives us so much with wonderful kids! Congrats again!