Monday, February 28, 2022

Eric got me some flowers for Valentine's Day.  He doesn't get me flowers very often, so I was totally surprised.  They are just beautiful!  Both roses and lilies, but the lilies had a few blossoms but mostly buds, and as one dies a new one opens.  I can smell them from several feet away as they are so fragrant.  Yesterday at church an instructor asked how we know God loves us.  There are so many ways I feel His love, but I think the beauty of things around me is the biggest way.  The faces of my children, the flowers and trees, a gentle breeze on an overcast, warm day.  
I've started collecting stamps.  I've wanted to for some time now; my dad sent me a bunch of old ones he had from the 50's, and an older lady at church, Kerry, was giving these Tongan stamps away so I snagged them.  They are from '64.  I need to grab myself a stamp book to get these all organized!  I'm not really sure where to go from here but for some strange reason I just love stamps.
Eric took Birch to Legoland for a sort of Dad getaway/early birthday trip.  Beckham was there too with Annie and Chance.  They spent a day in the park and a day at the beach with Danny, Shelby and their kids.  Even though B wasn't feeling great and his teeth hurt from his expanders, he had a great time.


I took the kids to the park that Saturday for a walk, and the night before to swim at the YMCA.  Its good for Aspen and Oakley to have alone time.  When B is around the boys just naturally stick together and Aspen often descends into the background.  I think they had a lot of fun together that weekend.  They have been getting along better overall and Eric and I couldn't be happier about it.
This is what Aspen did on her birthday.  All she needs to be happy is a warm vent, a good book, and some pajamas.
A few pics from skiing last Friday.  The kids didn't have school so we spent the day at Bogus.  It was amazing how quiet it was!  And we got some snow too; it was an awesome ski day.

These two hanging in the lodge ;)

 

No comments: