Friday, February 8, 2008

Women's Peeing Apparatus

My sweet, wonderful husband has been talking about this heavenly contraption for the last couple weeks. Now let me say that I love Eric very much and I think he's the cutest thing ever, but he wants to buy me this w.p.a. (women's peeing apparatus, as I call it) to use. I have to admit it would be pretty handy while camping when there's no bathroom around! I guess it's the closest I'll ever get to having manly convenience, but what I won't agree to is using the w.p.a. in the car, while traveling. Let me be more specific: while the car is in motion. Every school year we drive back and forth across the country, and he is convinced that this wonderful tool will shed hours off our driving time (all right, I do have a very tiny bladder, but come on!). It makes me think of the movie Rat Race where the little girl is made to do her business in the back seat because her father's in too much of a hurry to pull over. Well, I laughed and laughed when Eric suggested this to me. I think he's given up on the idea by now. Of course, the next time we go out west we'll have a baby with us, so as far as I'm concerned there's really no point in trying to "save time," am I right?

12 comments:

eric said...

In my defense let me lay out a typical car trip for you all. We leave the house and before I can get the car up to the legal speed limit Chelsi asks "Can we pull over at the next exit, I need a restroom?" Not unreasonable, unless you consider the fact that we haven't made it to any exits yet and we left the house 15 seconds earlier, after Chelsi had used the restroom. I used to be able to make it from Boise to Salt Lake in 5 hours. Since being married I haven't made it in under a week.

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, that is the funniest thing I have heard it a long time. The stories and the ideas. I don't know where Eric came up with that but it sure was funny. I have to say it could be a very nice convenience, but really? I don't think I could do it. And with a baby everything is different. I say just fly.

ellen said...

Never knew there was such a thing.

Lisa H. said...

I'm all for the female peeing apparatus. Especially for camping. I don't know about the car - would you put the other end of the tube into a bottle or out the window? Seems like it could get crazy either way.

Lohra said...

Seriously, it seems like a head injury is inevitable if one tried to use that in a moving vehicle. Unless, of course it were a bus...weigh your options, Eric.

Dave said...

Eric is right. The most important thing in any car trip is time. I am constantly trying to beat my old records of getting from point A to point B. I have to say that with the addition of Liam I will never break another record.

Anonymous said...

Terri Harper was the first woman to introduce the concept to me (at girls camp) - still haven't ever tried one!

Rebecca said...

That thing is so halarious, but yet so practical at the same time! I don't think using that for cross country driving trips would be a good idea, but it might come in handy while hiking. Thanks for the post it made my day! *SMILE*

Toria said...

chelsi and eric- first I want to apologize for blog stalking, I just found your link on one of the other cambrige-warders and thought I'd say hi and check and see if you had your baby (congratulations and good luck). Instead I saw the wpa and had to laugh because- I HAVE ONE. However, it's still in the package and I have never used it. My brother and his wife gave it to me as a White elephant gift last year for Christmas (when I was prego with Ivy). Mine is called a "Lady J" and I think they found it at Cabellas. Maybe I'll send it to you!

Marlies said...

Chelsi that is the best post ever! Not only did your post make me lol, but Eric defending himself on you comments did as well. You both are too funny. I think you should take your friend Toria up on her offer. I mean why buy it when you can have hers. At least Eric can't say you would let him get you one. He'll just complain that you won't use it. He'll learn however that babies are worse travellers than you are. I know because we did that caravan to Oregon years ago and it was my brother's baby that was always making us stop not you.

Anonymous said...

Where can I buy a women's peeing apparatus? I have been wanting one for a long time.
Maggie Barnes (Tucson, AZ)messianictoothpaste@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Brown nosers and asskissers have been pissing off cool people since the dawn of time. At some point, they always get their comeuppance. See the link below for more info.



#pissing
www.ufgop.org