Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Red Sox Mania

It's real, everyone.  Ohhh so real.  I've never seen anything like Red Sox mania in my life! Furniture stores giving out free furniture if the Red Sox win the world series, restaurants giving away free food if they win just a normal game.  People paying thousands of dollars to go to a single game.  When the season starts, it's nothing but Red Sox, all the time.  If you've ever seen Fever Pitch, it's just like that.  I have to say though, I do admire the stalwartness of the fans.  Even if they lose, the fans are true.  

3 comments:

Nicole said...

maybe you'll have to go to a game and see what it's all about. Got a couple thousand dollars to spare to go watch baseball?... yeah, me either...

WeAreTheRopers said...

my brother went to school in Boston and has since become a die-hard Red Sox fan. His new little girl was born last Monday (supposed to be their opening day) and her first hat was a Red Sox hat. You're right, they're nutty out there!

Lohra said...

I'm pretty sure that if almost any team won and I got free food I'd be a die hard fan too...the Clippers...the Marlins...