Friday, November 20, 2009

I buckled

I don't know what's wrong with me this year. Usually I wait until after Thanksgiving to whip out all our Christmas gear (it's a spoken rule in our marriage), but Wednesday the whole Christmas spirit really hit me hard, and I had to act.
Not only did I take out some old stuff, but I actually ran to the store within the hour to purchase some things I've always wanted: a nice garland and a centerpiece for the table. The Christmas music came on, candy canes were being used in recipes, and it was all over. Sorry sweetie.

2 comments:

Kimberly Miller said...

good for you. i always think it's awkward when i take down the halloween decorations. i don't want to put back up the regular decorations when i know i am about to put up christmas. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I'm trying to decide if maybe our Christmas tree needs to go up before we leave for Thanksgiving break...