Friday, May 20, 2011

Aspen's been crazy about certain movies before. She loved The Jungle Book and would march around like an elephant for months. Then it was anything Mickey Mouse, and following that it was Charlotte's Web. ("Do you like spiders, Mommy?") But Tangled has just about eaten up her life. I noticed it first when was carrying her up the stairs one day. "I love you," she told me. "I love you too," I said. Then she grabbed my face and looked solemnly into my eyes. "I love you most."
Then it was "yes, Mother," and "coming, Mother." The best though was the day I came home from running errands and found this:
You cannot find this girl nowadays without a long piece of toilet paper taped to her back (or tucked in if there's no adult handy). It is her Rapunzel hair, and it has to be draped over chairs and bbq's and anything else she can find, so that her Mother or Daddy can climb up it. Sometimes she adds long random objects as well (as you can see below with Eric's bike handle tape). I just about died laughing that first day she did this, but I'm not laughing so hard anymore. I think it's really cute, but will be a little relieved when my carpet isn't infested with long sheets of toilet paper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moira is equally obsessed with Tangled. We have watched it at least once a day for about 2 weeks now. Cute movie.

Sarah Lenhart said...

Lily does the same thing! Except she uses yarn. And on a nearly daily basis I have to address her as Rapunzel, talk like Mother Gothel and lecture her about never leaving the tower. One perk - she wants me to brush her hair now. :)

Jodi and Jesse said...

That is hilarious! Darian loved the movie too but the end got a little emotional for her and she cried for about an hour after. We haven't dared have her watch it again quite yet. It was so tender.

T-Lo said...

All I know after reading your post, I want to meet this Aspen girl!