Sunday, August 28, 2011


The past couple weeks have been really busy for us, in a good way. We've been doing some upgrades in our kitchen, one of them being a new backsplash. We love it, but boy has it been a lot of work. Especially with two adorable, neglected children in the house! It's a miracle we got anything done, and that our kids don't resent us for ignoring them for a couple of days.

In the middle of the chaos my two beautiful, wonderful sisters came out for a visit. We spent a lot of time chatting while trying to keep peace between my children and Sasha's Eli. We did get out one evening for a night on the town which was so much fun. We went to an Asian grill that is delicious, and enjoyed every minute chatting and showing off our chopstick skills. I was very impressed with them actually.

My sister Demri is an amazing storyteller, and entertained Aspen with stories for hours. Aspen would throw out something like, "Tell me a story about a pink fish," and Demri would immediately start telling her a wonderful story about a pink fish. That would somehow tie into another story she told a couple hours ago. And they always had some wonderful moral to them. I don't know if I can live up to that! Poor Aspen will be so disappointed with my stories from now on.
I think I made four loaves of bread while the girls were here and we ate every single one. One of my friends sent me the recipe and I tweaked it just a bit and it's delicious! I decided a couple weeks ago that we're only eating homemade bread from now on (because it's so much better than the store bought stuff) but it's turning out to be quite a challenge. Mostly because it is so much better and I just can't stop eating it. I can't keep up with myself.
I can't believe the only photo I got with the girls was at the airport! I swore I wasn't going to do that but most of the week we were lounging in our p.j's. One morning we woke up to find a hawk in our driveway. It was obviously injured in some way, so we called a million numbers and finally got connected with a local wildlife rescuer. While we waited for her the girls coralled the hawk into our backyard where it remained until Kathy showed up. She told us it had been poisoned and took it away. I've never seen a hawk so close up and was so amazed at how beautiful it was!
Anyway we finally finished the backsplash last night. It's such a relief, although I'm sure Eric will miss all the pizza nights we've been having! But Aspen and Oakley get their parents back so I'm sure they're relieved too.

3 comments:

Sasha Cornelius Eggli said...

Thanks for a fun week Chelsi! I am so grateful for the opportunities when us sisters are able to spend some time together!

Dave said...

Eric you are a stud...we need to see pictures of the final product.

Petertammenson said...

I've been eyeballing similar tiles at Home Depot for our new place - what a great project - and aren't you glad it's done?!