Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The last couple weeks we've been home - a lot. Oakley's been sick for about 6 weeks now (cold, cough, some sort of bug), and I've been desparately trying to finish my canning so I can get on with my life! :) I don't think I've gotten out for one good, social block of time for what seems like forever and I miss my girlfriend interaction.
This is what my kitchen has looked like for the last 10 days. I'm actually very proud of myself that I can put the mess aside and just work through it day by day. There's really no point in cleaning it up because I'll just be getting everything out again the next day!
Anyway the upside is that I've really had time (between batches) to hang out with my kids, which I will admit is not always the easiest thing for me. I like to be doing something with the kids: a craft, a walk, etc., and it's hard for me to just be with the kids. I've really been trying to just run around the house with them (literally) and hold them more often, and it's been wonderful. I'm actually growing to look forward to those little chunks of time where I can just be silly and play. Who knew finding my inner kid would be so much fun?!

No comments: