Friday, November 4, 2011

This Halloween was one of the scariest yet for Eric and I. Oakley was pretty tired before we left to go trick-or-treating so I stayed home to hand out candy while he went down for bed. With the doorbell ringing all night the poor guy couldn't get any sleep, and was still awake when Aspen and Eric came home. Aspen hadn't gotten a lot of sleep over the weekend, and when we got her ready for bed she started to throw a fit. It was bad. She was yelling and crying, which made Oakley cry, and when he finally quieted down Aspen would start up again and the whole thing would begin all over again. Eric and I were downstairs folding laundry and laughing about it. "Well, this is supposed to be a night of terror....." I teased him. He turned on some Brahms and pumped up the volume hoping to calm down the kids upstairs. It eventually worked, thank goodness. Who'd have thought the scariest part of Halloween could be your own kids?!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This year I tried to avoid that very scenario by only letting our kids go to daytime trick-or-treating events. When our apartment building did it we put out a bowl of candy with a note asking that no one ring the door bell to wake up our kids. They slept through the nighttime trick-or-treating. Thank goodness. I'm afraid of what will happen when they realize what I'm depriving them of...